New Jersey’s Instructions On The Subject
If you wish to obtain a salesperson license in New Jersey and are already a PA Real Estate licensee, the New Jersey State Real Estate Commission has issued a one-page guide on the topic (below).
How Polley Associates Makes The Task Easier
If you are a PA real estate licensee who is looking to obtaining the education waiver, Polley Associates can assist you in these ways:
- If you already completed 75 hours for your PA license, you will be eligible to apply for the waiver with a certificate of license history from PA.
- For students who completed their Pennsylvania education prior to August 28, 2018, only 60 hours of initial licensing education was completed. By completing a 15 hour PA Broker licensing class, it will allow current PA licensees to meet up with NJ’s 75 hour requirement, and make them eligible to apply for a waiver of additional education before taking the NJ licensing exam. Taking any one of these 15-hour courses fulfills the New Jersey education requirement. They also can be used to fulfill part (depending on Pennsylvania commission requirements during a licensing cycle) the 14-hour continuing education requirement for PA license renewal. All have value as one elective credit toward obtaining a PA broker license, and most are also designation or certification courses, meaning they may result in or are part of securing a real estate designation through NAR®.
We currently offer five “broker pre-licensure” courses that are 15 hours.
- Accredited Buyer Representation
- Seller Representative Specialist
- Senior Real Estate Specialist.
- Real Estate Negotiations Expert
- Forms Used in Real Estate
It’s possible some students have already taken one or more of the above courses. Per the New Jersey State Real Estate Commission, qualifying courses must be complete within three years (36 calendar months) of application for a waiver. Older courses will not be accepted. Students can choose to repeat an older course, should they desire.
Upon successful completion of a course, Polley will mail you a printed, raised-seal transcript for attachment to your waiver application.
- Find the “New Jersey Salesperson Waiver Application” (cited above).
- Request a “Certificate of License History from the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission (referred to above by New Jersey as a “Certificate of Licensure – ordered through your PALS account). The Certificate of License History cannot be more than 30 days old at the time of application.
If your waiver is approved by New Jersey, you will be required to take both the national and state portions of the state licensing exam. If you prefer to study from a book:
- For the national portion, Polley sells the “Guide To Passing The PSI Real Estate Exam” for $39.95. It is available in stock in our Newtown Square PA office, and can be shipped for an additional fee. Order it by calling us at 610-353-6776 or toll-free at 800-220-2789.
- For the state portion, Polley sells the “Real Estate Exam Prep Guide New Jersey” for $25. It also is available in stock in our Newtown Square PA office, and can be shipped for an additional fee. Order it by calling us at 610-353-6776 or toll-free at 800-220-2789.
If you prefer to prepare online, Polley sells a combination “national-and-state” New Jersey exam prep product (“National + NJ CompuCram” for $79. Find it here.
Last updated 2022.06.14