Real Estate Finance
“Real Estate Finance” is a Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission–developed course useful in obtaining a Pennsylvania real estate broker license.
Financing, the practice of lending and borrowing money, is fundamental to the real estate business. If mortgage financing was not available, buyers would be required to pay cash for their homes. Few could afford to do that. The course has a practical focus: it explains the basic process of obtaining a loan to purchase a home, and discusses financing options available to home buyers.
This course covers finance and investments, federal fiscal and monetary policy, primary and secondary mortgage markets, mortgage industry components, a variety of financing instruments, the basic features of a residential loan, the financing process from shopping for to closing on a loan, qualifying buyers, qualifying properties, the basics of conventional financing, FHA-insured loans and their rules, VA-guaranteed loans and their rules, seller financing options, and fair lending and consumer protection laws.
- This is a four-day, 30-hour course.
- It is categorized as Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission-developed for PA Broker Licensing. See the Polley Associates free Pennsylvania Broker Guide for more information.
- It is worth two credits toward earning a Pennsylvania real estate broker license.
- Depending on Commission requirements issued during any renewal cycle, it has the potential to fulfill up to 14 hours of mandatory continuing education for salesperson’s or broker’s license renewal.
Student Material: This course may be accompanied by in-class materials distributed by Polley Associates.
See what’s available now!
Read Learners’ Reviews of Real Estate Finance
- No reviews yet! Can we ask for yours? Send an e-mail to email@example.com
Last updated 20190606