Real Estate Brokerage & Office Mgmt.
“Real Estate Brokerage & Office Mgmt.” is a Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission course required to obtain a Pennsylvania real estate broker license.
Managers in today’s real estate companies are challenged by the way the industry is evolving. This course applies modern management theories to operating a real estate company. It focuses on effective leadership and management styles, as well as planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling the sometimes complex systems and processes of a brokerage with both employees and independent contractors.
This course covers the changing financial and operational environment in which brokers now work, the leadership needs of emerging brokers, people management skills, communications and decision making; conducting and assessing an analysis of markets and business environments, and developing a plan for success in both; structuring the brokerage company, its business systems, finances, policies and procedures, and marketing and advertising; and dealing with the practical and legal realities of staffing a brokerage office.
- This is a four-day, 30-hour course.
- It is categorized as Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission-required for PA Broker Licensing. See the Polley Associates free Pennsylvania Broker Guide for more information.
- It is worth two credits toward earning a Pennsylvania real estate broker license.
- Depending on Commission requirements issued during any renewal cycle, it has the potential to fulfill up to 14 hours of mandatory continuing education for salesperson’s or broker’s license renewal.
Student Material: This course may be accompanied by in-class materials distributed by Polley Associates.
See what’s available now!
Read Learners’ Reviews of Real Estate Brokerage & Office Mgmt.
- “Super informative, and timely information.” From Jon Ashner, Waban MA; June 25, 2019.
- “A+++++! Great course; will help in the real world.” And instructor Joe Summers is a “great instructor” who “made it very easy to learn and retain the knowledge.” From Sean, Sayre PA; June 25, 2019.
- Instructor Joe Summers “really made class fun, and we all learned the material in a relaxed, interactive environment. Already signed up for Joe’s next class.” From Kim Perri Medini, Cherry Hill NJ; March 19, 2019.
- “Information was valuable when opening an office in the future.” Instructor Joe Summers was “super! My third time taking his classes. Two thumbs up.” From John Nolamo, Philadelphia; March 19, 2019.
- “Great presentation of material, with engaged discussion.” From Brian, Plymouth Meeting PA; March 19, 2019. Taught by Joe Summers
- “Joe is very knowledgeable and his experience helps with the course work explanation.” From Traci, Philadelphia; March 19, 2019. Taught by Joe Summers.
- “Great course. Lots of tips offered by Joe. Many useful suggestions. Book is a great resource to have.” From Eleni, Media PA; March 7, 2019. Taught by Joe Summers.
- “Super-lively, with lots of real-world stories that applied to the course material.” Instructor Joe Summers “is a great teacher, and I would love to see more higher-level or advanced classes take place.” From Ugochukwu Opara, Philadelphia; March 5, 2019.
Last updated 20190626