Pennsylvania Rules and Regulations
This is the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission required content for renewing a license for the 2016-2018 renewal period ending May 31, 2018.
The Ethical Agent: Understanding Agency, Fair Housing, and Ethics
“The Ethical Agent” is a continuing education course that provides a thorough review of ethics in real estate to give the licensee a more complete understanding of professional business practices. The course presents a refresher on agency relationships and disclosure obligations, as well as fair housing and discrimination. It also examines various laws, thus giving context and perspective on ethical behavior. The course presents a thorough look at the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of Realtors and its dispute resolution process. Finally, it provides insight into applying ethical behavior to all manners of business activity and communication, including social media.
The course includes these components:
Agency and Disclosure Refresher
– The Agent As Fiduciary
– Levels of Agency Authority
– Creation of Agency
– Agency Relationships
– Agency Disclosure
– Disclosure Obligations
– Penalties For Breach Of Duty
– Federal Fair Housing
– Fair Housing Violations
– Enforcement Of Federal Fair Housing Laws
– Other federal Anti-Discrimination Laws
– Fair Housing Advertising Practices
– The Responsibility of Licensees
– Discrimination in Municipal Actions
The National Association of Realtors Code Of Ethics
– Overview Of The Code Of Ethics
– Duties To Clients And Customers: Protect And Promote
– Duties To Clients And Customers: Pertinent Facts
– Duties To Clients And Customers: Cooperation
– Duties To Clients And Customers: Interests And Compensation
– Duties To Clients And Customers: Accountability
– Duties To The Public: Equal Provision Of Services
– Duties To The Public: Performance And Competency
– Duties To The Public: Communications
– Duties To The Public: Legal Counsel And Enforcement
– Duties To Realtors: False And Misleading
– Duties To Realtors: Exclusive Agreements
– Duties To Realtors: Disputes
– Enforcement Of The Code Of Ethics
– Arbitration Worksheet
Applying The Code Of Ethics To Social Media
– Social Media Overview
– Intellectual Property
– Communicating Via Social Media
– Your Responsibility
– Advertising Vs. Social Media
– NAR Pathways To Professionalism
This course and a supplement required for Pennsylvania licensees, titled “PA Rules and Regulations,” will be offered over two consecutive days, from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily. They cannot be divided.
Course State Approvals: Continuing education for Pennsylvania and New Jersey real estate license renewal.
These two components create a two-day, 15-hour, live classroom event. No post-course exam is given. It is approved by, and meets 14 hours of continuing education requirements set by, the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission for a real estate salesperson’s or broker’s biennial license renewal during the 2016-2018 cycle that ends at midnight on May 31, 2018.
It also meets 12 hours of core and ethics to fulfil all 12 hours of continuing education required for New Jersey licensees’ renewal during the 2017-2019 cycle.
Student Material: This course may be accompanied by in-class materials distributed by Polley Associates.
- PA Continuing Education: What’s That Course About?
- PA Continuing Education: Live Course Attendance
- PA Continuing Education: License Renewal And Reactivation
- PA Continuing Education: License Renewal Online
- PA Continuing Education: First-Timer Requirements
- PA Continuing Education: Re-Activate A License In Escrow
Find Courses For: