This is a Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission-developed course useful in obtaining a Pennsylvania real estate broker license.
After taking this course, the student will be able to:
- identify and explain the structural components of a house and how they function;
- explain the positives and negatives of various exterior wall coverings, windows, doors, how they are installed, and problems which may develop;
- identify and explain the causes and effects of condensation and identify potential solutions; and the installation, potential problems, costs, and maintenance of various types of roofs;
- identify and explain various types of both heating and air conditioning systems as well as life expectancies, efficiencies, and replacement costs; and various types of electrical services, cable sizes, and overload protection.
- This is a four-day, 30-hour course.
- It is categorized as Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission-developed. See the Polley Associates free Pennsylvania Broker Guide for more information.
- It is worth two credits toward earning a Pennsylvania real estate broker license.
- Depending on Commission requirements issued during any renewal cycle, it has the potential to fulfill up to 14 hours of mandatory continuing education for salesperson’s or broker’s license renewal.
Student Material: This course may be accompanied by in-class materials distributed by Polley Associates.
Last updated 20190326